Welcome‎ > ‎Meeting Minutes‎ > ‎

02MAR2014

Family Focus Minutes 3/2/14

 

Executive Board

Attendance: Nadine, Peggy, Lisa, Renee, Janet, Amy.  Elizabeth excused.

1. Secretaries Report-Feb minutes- Lisa motioned to approve, Peggy 2nd-no opposed-passed

2.  Treasurer’s Report-nothing new to report

3.  Old Business

a. Insurance Details (Peggy) - Shared policy with the board.  The next year is paid in full from Feb to Feb. 

b. Google Doc for record keeping (Elizabeth)- tabledc.  Board Position Duties/Descriptions (Lisa)-in progress

4.  New Business

a. Newsletters (Elizabeth?)-Lisa will do this months newsletter.  Need to get some consistency with posts and newsletters.

b. Event checklists (Renee/Amy)- Discussed new format.  Will try out and tweek as needed.

c. Self promotion (Amy)-tabled 

Public Meeting

Attendance :  As above plus Joe Leto

1.  Update from other organizations

a. CART (Staci) - CART is in desperate need for more drivers.  They supply 100’s of rides to those without transportation and need more volunteers to spread the commitment around.

b. Joining Forces for Families (Janet)- nothing to report.

2.  Old Business

a.  Blood Drive (Staci)- Huge response from the community.  Had to turn away some drop ins.  Next time more snacks and baked goods needed.

b.  Coffee Hour at Grace (Renee)- Served butter braids and sold many.  Raised $40.

c.  Million Pound Challenge (Janet)- already closed.  Reached max donation.  FF donated 527 lbs of food this year.

3.  New Business

a.  Butterbraid Fundraiser (Lisa)- Delivery will be 1st week in April.  Will bring in to Grace on the 6th.  Voted to not do sales at the Piggly Wiggly this year do to difficulty in delivery

b.  Bowling Event (Peggy/Ann) April 26th - Discussed change in date or postponement.  Bowling tournaments are approaching making it difficult to secure the space.  If can arrange, would do as a family fun event with discount prices and division by age groups

c.  Make-a-Gift (Peggy)-April 6th from 1-3  Voted to add on ceramic letters and platters but no figurines.  Peggy will work with others to get order forms and ads prepared and sent out.  

d.  Amazing Race (Lisa)- Discussed different dates.  Proposed date is Sept 13th.  Maybe partner with PTO and raise donations for teacher supply closet.  As date approaches, the Amazing Race Committee will meet the 1st Tuesday of the month from 6:30-8 at CamRock Sport. 

e.  Camping Trip- (Renee/Lisa)- Aug 8-10th.  Have 2 sites.  One for tents the other as community site.  Will supply breakfast and dinner.  Lunch on your own.  Reservation cost $94

f.  Touch-a-Truck- May 10th- tabled

g.  Smokey Hollow camping- Joe/Renee- Informal group camping from July 7-9th.  Will get several Yurts and Cabins, possibly tent site to accommodate all those interested.  Renee will call and make reservations.

4. Next meeting- April 6th

5. Closing Prayer

Comments